Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Art Expression

I went to an art therapy workshop to learn more about it and also grow as an expressive artist. These are two paintings I did in the 3 hours workshop. Each painting was done in about 15-20 minutes.


This small 4"x6" one is called "My Soul." The titles were given to us by the instructor. It is a piece that explores an expression of my soul and my identity.


This one is called "The Container." It is a piece exploring who I am as a container for something/someone greater.


We did a total of 4 pieces. We used make up sponges and q-tips to paint which turned out to be a lot of fun. It was a fun exercise of color and shapes. I love textures in paintings so you might not be able to tell from the photos but I put tons of paint on and really enjoyed it!

Other than the actual painting, I enjoyed doing it as a group and seeing how other people painted very different pictures from me even though we had the same prompts. There were about 12 of us. After painting, all our paintings were put up on the wall and we went around sharing what we enjoyed about each one. It was a great way to experience community and the common bond as expressive human beings. I will be going to another one this weekend! :) This time it will be mixed media.

Thanks for reading! :) -M

No comments:

Post a Comment