Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Wish Come True



Today was an exciting day! I went to visit my dandelion at the Brea Art Gallery!

 It was accepted into their juried show of artwork by California residents. I was out of town for the opening night so I went today to see it in the gallery. I feel like a parent who's sent off their child to their first day of school. I am so thrilled to have my dandelion out in the public for others to enjoy rather than collect dust in my house! When it had been accepted into the student show a couple years ago, I got to see other students having so much fun taking pictures with my dandelion, pretending to blow on it and being so excited to see a life-size dandelion.  That was when I realized artwork is meant to be shared. I wish I had gotten to be at the opening night for this show to see others enjoy it but maybe there will be another opportunity for that.

Standing with my dandelion :)
There it is! Among other works of art! I feel like my dandelion has friends :)

A wish come true!
I had to submit a short excerpt about the piece





If  you live in Socal and you're interested in seeing it in person, I'd highly recommend checking out the gallery. I really enjoyed walking around and seeing the other works of art. They have some really interesting and lovely pieces in this one!

Thanks for reading!
-M


2 comments: