Sunday, October 28, 2012

Orange and Beignets

Today is going be a mix of little bits of creativity. We'll start with clothing.

 I recently bought a green and black patterned shirt at Cotton On for $10. It has a a silk appearance with a bit of shimmer giving it a polished look. Not only was it affordable and elegant but most importantly it was Comfortable!  I'm usually hesitant about buying looser clothing afraid it will swallow up my short frame but I couldn't pass it up and figured it might work with some skinny jeans or leggings. So here is the outfit I put together for this shirt.



 Here is a close up of the shirt so you can see the pattern and also a side view since it changes lengths.



 Here is the evolution of the look.
1) I chose white pants because the shirt is already dark. Also it was a sunny day today so white pants fit the mood of the weather.
2)Since it's long and baggy, I wore heels to give me some height :)
3)Next I added a bracelet and necklace. I chose a necklace with a hint of bright colors to lighten up the look. The contrast in color makes the necklace stand out. The bright colors add another dimension to the look. I also chose a v-shaped necklace because it make the shirt looks less wide. Visually speaking, lines direct our eyes. The V of the necklace directs our eyes downward which visually cuts and narrow the width of the shirt. This is why horizontal stripes usually make us look wider. They direct our eyes outwards horizontally.
4) I added a orange bag to add some color and brightness. A little POP action with color.


Today I made some French doughnuts calls beignets. A friend gave me this mix as a gift and it expires November 1 so this was my last chance to use it before it was too late. Once the work week starts I know I won't have time to be deep frying these guys. My friend told me that you can actually get them in downtown Disney. I'll have to go try it sometime. I had some stumbles along the way but in the end my friend and I figured it out. It's all about the process and adventure. :P



 Lastly, here are some orange flowers I arranged. Something simple but I love flowers so I wanted to share them.















No comments:

Post a Comment