Friday, June 22, 2012

Passion

It's been a long time since I've posted. At least a year and a half! A lot has happened since then. I've finished 6 more art classes and made more artwork. During the year and half that I took classes, I was encouraged by my teachers and classmates and gained technical skills and confidence. Learning about art has allowed me to grow in my understanding of art- the heart of art. The visual arts has such an expansive variety because it is an expression of the soul, each unique. While many of you have seen the photos of my artwork on facebook, I've decided to post some pictures here of my favorite ones. I guess it's kind of like a tribute to the time I spent in school, living my dream of actually learning formally about art. It's also kind of a welcome back to this blog.














Now that I'm no longer taking classes, my next step has been to find the artist within me. A true artist finds art as an expression of their soul. For me, I find that I am not quite there. For me, I find expression through writing, mostly because it is easier for me to do than to actually make some art. I struggle because I like to get things right the first time around and make things look presentable. With art you have to throw away the obsession with perfection and presentation and start first with raw soul. Art is not art without it coming from the heart. I may have technical skills but without heart it doesn't mean much. It won't mean much to me at least. So I hope that you'll join me on this adventure of growth. I hope that it might bring some enjoyment and even more importantly, inspiration.

All my entries might not have to do with the fine arts, like drawing, painting, sculpture, etc. This will be a place where I can express my soul, but hopefully with an emphasis on visual mediums. I am searching for inspiration-both from the world around me and from within myself. Thanks for reading!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment