Thursday, October 21, 2010

Vision

This blog is for my art adventures- "splashing in puddles" and getting messy!

I have always loved arts and crafts and I have finally recently been able to pursue this interest actively. I've taken a few drawing classes and am now taking a ceramics and painting class. I hope to one day become an art therapist so I can be a part of seeing people grow and finding hope, freedom, and joy.

To increase my interest in art and my experience with a variety of mediums, I am making a goal to make at least one project per week starting this week until the end of December. Part of this journey is going to be about exploring what art is. Is it the skill that is put into it, or can anyone do it as long as they express themself though it? If it is about expression, I want to learn how to express who I am. How colors, shapes, forms, figures, objects work with our heart and soul. I also hope to discover who I am as I look at the things I make. I want to learn to manipulate colors, shapes, forms, figures, medium, etc to communicate something to viewers. I also look forward to finding that others will respond differently to the same work of art and will see things that I didn't see.

I hope that this blog will motivate me to do what I want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment